It’s been a while since I’ve been on here. As you can see from the screenshot below my last post was in 2017, and it’s been a half dozen years since I’ve posted more than once a year.
I’ve attempted to restart this blog several times in the past few years. There are actually a couple of drafts from the past few years, but for whatever reason I was too lazy to finish writing a post. But with the COVID-19 pandemic in full force and with a lot of time on my hands, I decided there’s no better time to start writing again. And since I can’t travel I thought I’d try and look through my notes and photo albums to see if I could backfill this blog with content from those missing years.
During the past half dozen years I’ve been fortunate to have been able to cross some major items off my bucket list including:
- Riding my bicycle across Korea
- Backpacking the John Muir Trail (most of it. okay like half of it.) I had actually planned to write about my journey on the JMT, but somehow only managed to write about the plan
- Scuba diving the Great Barrier Reef
- Driving the Icelandic Ring Road
- Snow camping at Glacier Point (there’s actually a draft of this one)
- Road tripping through Canadian National Parks during Canada’s 150th anniversary year
Hopefully I’ll write about those trips soon, along with some random updates and thoughts I’ve had. I’m hoping that seeing this screenshot with no content from 2017 onwards and only one post each from 2015-2017 on the front page will be motivation for me to start writing again.