So today was kind of a slow day. I spent part of the day looking at old journal entries. I found one that seemed really relevant to me lately. For you see when you hit my age relatives always talk about marriage. Here are my thoughts on the subject from 2.5 years ago, copied and pasted verbatim from my old journal…..
September 29, 2007
lately i’ve been meeting a lot of half korean people, the kind that i didn’t know existed. i met someone who’s 1/2 korean, 1/2 mexian. i’ve met someone who’s 1/2 korean, 1/4 thai, 1/4 pakistani i think? not sure if i remembered correctly. i know there are plenty of people out there who are 1/2 korean, 1/2 black, i just don’t know any yet. so that makes me wonder… if i married somebody not korean, what would my kid become?
here’s what i think would happen……….
- if i married a japanese girl- my kid would be a world champion competitive eater. this kid will school kobayashi cuz he’d inherit my inherent beastliness
- korean + mexican- owner/head chef of world famous korean restaurant. cuz everyone knows mexican people cook all the food in korean restaurants
- filipino- professional gambler
- if i married a chinese girl- perpetual post doctorate researcher in physics/math/chemistry/engineering (or possibly all of the above)
- if i married a black girl- my kid would be a world famous barbecue grill master and creator of korean soul food fusion barbecue
- thai- kickboxer, but if they’re built like me they prolly should be a sumo wrestler
- white girl+me- my kid would be a hapa… duh.. this one’s obvious.. what are hapa’s known for? if i had a girl, uhh supermodel maybe? the next top model? i dono. but if they eat like daddy, plus size model. for sure.
- if i married an indian girl- my kid would be curryan
- viet girl- the only thing i can picture them being is a triad boss. prolly should avoid this one. shouldn’t be too hard, cuz i don’t know any viet girls.
finally if they were 100% korean
they would be the typical doctor/lawyer/engineer except i’d go one step farther and force them to be all of the above.
dah… im obviously really bored and have way too much time on my hands